Monday, August 23, 2010

The Wyss' are headed to Beantown

We are headed to Boston!  Our first appointment to meet with the Neurosurgeon is next Tuesday, August 31st.  Rhett, Scott & I are flying out Sunday morning and will be home Tuesday evening.  So hopefully we will have a game plan next week.  Thanks to everyone for everything!  So many people have offered to help us out during all of this & Scott & I both, appreciate everything so much!  We are so blessed to have such amazing friends & family!!!  Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

3 comments:

  1. We are praying for you, Scott, Rhett & Reid; as well as the doctors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth, I am so proud of you and your strenght. I think you are making the right choice in going to Boston. Always go with your "gut" feeling. Let me share a quick story with you....Mike's and my neice had to have a very difficult brain surgery when she was 7. The doctors didn't give his sister very much hope at all, well his sister did a lot of research and found that there was a doctor in Switzerland who had done numerous surgeries like this one. She found out that he was coming to the states to teach it to the doctors here and got ahold of him and he did the surgery in Atlanta GA. I am glad to report that she is now 30 years old and very much alive, happy and able to live by herself and pretty much healthly. She does have to wear a brace on her right leg and she did lose control of her right hand but she is alive, much better than what the other doctors told them. So hang in there, fight for your child to have the very best and never take NO for an answer. Remember you can always have fund raisers for the medical bills. I will say a prayer for you and your family and will be glad to help in anyway that we can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meeting with the neurosurgeon in Boston definitely sounds like a great step in the right direction! I agree with Linda - always trust your gut instinct. I will keep my fingers crossed that you return with nothing but optimistic news! :-)

    ~Jilly

    ReplyDelete